Justin from 70’s Big has Dr. Michael Hartman on the 70’s Big Podcast Episode #10.
If you enjoy weightlifting and gym talk in general this episode is for you.
- the 2011 Pan American Games
- Kendrick Farris
- snatch rack, cues for receiving the snatch – don’t be passive, push hips through , drop down, “stab the bar out of the air”, “pop and drop”
- Joe Mills – “Stand Up, Jump Down”
- bar contact position for cleans – as close to the bottom of the ball sack, as high on the thigh as possible
- bar contact positing for snatches – hip crease, above your genitalia
- snatch grip – grab the bar, bend over and have the bar in the crease of your hip, as wide as comfortable + 2 or 3 fingers, wider = better
- maintaining hook in the snatch
- hitting the pubic symphysis with the bar = Ouch! – focus more on the vertical movement of the hip when getting hips through
- is mobility work necessary? – doing full ROM movements regularly will maintain mobility
- if you lack mobility – do extra mobility work
- building strength for weightlifting vs building strength in general
- push press grip width – between jerk and press grip
- bar resting on deltoids – dip & drive the bar to eye level
- Grip width for jerks – 2 to 3 finger widths outside the shoulders = great jerk and push press position
- kettlebells for assistance work
70’s Big Podcast with Dr. Michael Hartman is a post by Gregor Winter from All Things Gym.