Meanwhile in Iran …
Behdad Salimi Snatched 215kg in a competition between weightlifters in the national camp to determine the top 8 for the Asian Games.
I am told his lifts were:
- Snatch: 206, 212 and 215kg
- Clean & Jerk: 250, 260
Also Bahador Moulaei was seen limping off the platform with injury (195 + 245, x261).
Update: Bahador will probably be lifting at Asian Games (via).
Update: Scroll down for Bahador’s 261kg attempt.
Update: Iranian Team for Asian Games announced (via).
- +105kg: Behdad Salimi (Bahador waits for MRI results, via, Update: looks like he will be ok, via)
- 105kg: Navab Nasirshelal
- 85kg:Kianoush Rostami, Rasoul Taghian
- 69kg: Jaber Behrouzi
- 56kg: Majid Askari
Past 215kg Snatchers:
- Dmitry Lapikov’s 215kg Snatch
- Alexandr Kurlovich 215kg Snatch
- Ashot Danielyan 215kg Snatch 262.5kg Clean & Jerk
- the Behdad Salimi Category on ATG
- his 214kg Snatch World Record
- his 260kg Clean & Jerk
- and the 232kg Power Clean
Update: Bahador’s 245kg Clean & Jerk and 261kg Attempt
Behdad Salimi 215kg Snatch *Update* Bahador Moulaei 261kg Clean is a post by Gregor Winter from All Things Gym.