The International Weightlifting Federation released the new 2017 rule book.
Download PDF: Technical and Competition Rules and Regulations
- Abolishment of bodyweight advantage (see 6.8.2), “who lifts more, wins!”. More Here
- 15/20kg rule for entry total weights (6.6.5) changed to 20kg for both genders
- Introduction of 8th bodyweight category for women (90kg, +90kg)
- Minimum Entry Totals application for Senior World championships
- Athlete Pass introduction (similar to Warm-up Pass) (3.3.5)
- 3.2.2 Only IWF authorized professional cameras, recording equipment or drones allowed in the Venue, within the FOP or in additional spaces.