This shoulder warm-up is part of every workout I do.
“Shoulder Warm Up Routine with Elastic Rubber Bands”
The routine is inspired by the “Warm-Up and Preparation DVD feat. Jordan Jovtchev” (click here for a review)
I place this routine directly after the joint preparation mobility drills I do (joint rotations etc.)
It consists of 8-12 repetitions of each exercise:
- standing straight arm reverse shoulder flys in 3 different angles
- normal standing straight arm shoulder flys in 3 different angles
- Bulgarian (elbow 90 degrees) / Cuban rotations
- bent over cross pulls
- bent over inverted cross pulls
- and straight arm rotations
It really mobilizes the whole rotator cuff and shoulder girdle and gets me ready for harder exercises.
Besides on workout days, I also do this on rest days as prehab to help recovery and keep the blood flowing through the damaged muscle tissue.
I hope this helps some of you to get some ideas for your warm-up in order to stay safe during your workouts.
Check out Mobility 101 for more mobility awesomeness.
My Rubber Band Shoulder Warm-Up Routine Video is a post by Gregor Winter from All Things Gym.