Update: Added YouTube video below.
|Shoulder Dislocates Starting Position|
First are the classic Shoulder Dislocates (or Pass Throughs) with PVC pipes or broomsticks.
These are a great exercise in order to get you ready to catching the snatch in a good upright position and hold the bar behind your head.
- take light bar (PVC pipe or broomstick)
- move it from the hang position to behind your back and reverse
|Shoulder Dislocates End Position|
To progress simply move your hands in closer and closer on this exercise.
The second drill is is a partner stretch for improving the flexibility for the rack position in the clean.
- have an empty bar in a rack
- grab the bar in rack position, like in a front squat, but don’t lift is out
- have a partner put his shoulders under your elbows and press them up
|Front Rack Position|
|Front Rack Position Stretch Bromance|
Also remember Kelley Starrett’s front rack position mobility wod.
Check out Mobility 101 for more mobility awesomeness.