On Weightlifting Talk Episode 5 Donny Shankle and Jon North had Glenn Pendlay on again.
Download Audio: Link to mp3 (right click + ‘save as’)
Advice for the First Meet (share yours in the comments):
- have fun
- get yourself a game plan (plan attempts) beforehand, and don’t change it
- try not to let good or bad warm up attempts change your mind
- after you get done snatching, sit down, get off your legs
- don’t worry about weight classes
Donny Shankle’s Back Workout [59:00]:
(BTW, I love how Donny talks about exercises like some people talk about wine. A true connoisseur.)
- Weighted Pull Ups
- heavy Kettlebell Swings (180 pounds attached 5kg to the bottom with cargo straps, great tip Donny!)
- Chest Supported Rows
- Chinese Rows (45 degree dumbbell rows)
- Superset: Death Marches, Posterior Lateral Raises (I think he means rear delt raises)
- last exercise was inaudible
[01:14:00] , the the role of accessory lifts.
- variations of lifts aren’t always done to add something but also to take something away
- have special reasons for each exercise
Weightlifting Talk Ep. 5 – First Meet, Back Workout, Accessory Lifts is a post by Gregor Winter from All Things Gym.