After showing the Upper Body Stretches for Olympic Weightlifting Glenn Pendlay also has some Flexibility Exercises for the Lower Body in Olympic Weightlifting.
More useful stretches on Mobility 101.
Update: Added YouTube video below.
- squat down
- put elbows between knees
- use hands to lever the knees outwards and press elbows out against the knee
- drop the hips as far down as possible
- rock back and forth to increase the ankle range of motion
- drop hips even more
- push body in an upright position as possible
- you can also have a partner push your lower back down and forward
- if you don’t have a partner use a barbell
- push knees forward
- do these several times a day
|Barbell Squat Ankle Stretch