This was the 2013 World Weightlifting Championships Resource page.
Thanks to everybody who joined chat. It was great fun as always.
Event Hashtag: #2013wwc.
- Lu Xiaojun’s 176kg Snatch World Record
- Tatiana Kashirina’s 190kg Clean & Jerk World Record
- Liao Hui’s 198kg Clean & Jerk World Record
Good quality recordings in Russian are here.
Worlds News Updates
- Artem Okulov, Ramazan Rasulov and Alexey Lovchev start their military service (but will keep lifting). (via)
- Ruslan Albegov complained about food standards in the Chekhov training camp before worlds. (via)
- Ruslan Nurudinov wanted to break the Clean & Jerk Worlds Record (via)
- David Rigert is not impressed with the result, especially David Bedzhanyan’s. He also thinks that Okulov’s elbows are at risk. (via)
- Apti Aukhadov plans to finally move up to the 94kg category. Venkov said this was the last competition we have seen Apti in the 85kg. The transition will take “up to six months or a year, maybe more”. This also means that Apti will not be starting in the 2014 European Championships. (via)
- Alexandr Ivanov is not happy with his result, says he planned to go for a Snatch World Record. On his last day in training camp he injured his foot. (via)
- Tatiana Kashirina was “shocked” by her result. Though disappointed with her snatch result (she did 155kg in training) she is happy she got the 190kg. “I would not say that this is the best moment of his career.” (via)
- Alexey Lovchev actually injured his elbows 3 weeks ago when he did his 250kg Clean & Jerk in training. This was what flared up again today and prevented him from going heavier. (via)
- As reasons he cited that a MRI scan revealed and injury on his hip which is a result of the injury he suffered leading up to the London 2012 games. He could start on painkillers, but because there are no points to earn for Olympic qualification, he decided to skip that competition.
Update 25.10.2013: Quick Aramnau Interview from the 21st October.
- Says he injured the head of his quadriceps. Will start nonetheless. Did 205+245 in training.
- IWF announced Stricter Sanctions for Countries Caught Doping
- Tunisia and Georgia withdrew from the competition due to positive doping cases.
- Andrey Demanov will not lift at worlds. Coaches said he is not ready… 185kg + 225kg in training does not cut it. (via)
- Ultra sound examination revealed that Marcin Dolega has a torn abdominal muscle, but he still wants to lift at worlds (via).
- Russian Weightlifting Federation held a press conference. Final Russian team composition (who will be reserve etc) will be announced October 18th.
- Chingiz Mogushkov is out due to injury. Nothing Major, but better be safe than sorry. He will prepare wor President’s Cup.
Update 15.10.2013: Klokov on why he is not on the team.
- Tl;dr: He could not find the time to prepare and was not focused on training. He is not interested in worlds. Still was as strong as the other guys on the team, but told the head coach 2 weeks ago that he is not interested. He will also not take part in the president’s cup either. Instead he wants to start preparing for Rio in the end of 2014. In the meantime he wants to be engaged in other activities for the “benefit of barbell” (I guess that means seminars and other media appearances).
- Marcin Dolega might have injured himself, couldn’t train properly for the past days.