Download Audio: link to mp3 (right click + ‘save as’)
This girl is balancing medical school with training for the CorssFit Games (see her Day in a Life).
Matt Chan, who won the rope climb / sled push event, talk about his approach to pacing himslef during the WODs and not going overboard.
- He did a minimum 10-20 minutes after every workout on the airdyne or bike rower to keep the blood flowing and get rid of waste products.
- Nutrition: he had an extra 100 grams Carbs post workout after every longer workout
He also talks a bit about the programming in his for CrossFit facility.
I like what I hear about it. They focus not only on conditioning but also lay emphasis on basic strength. Something I hear is often neglected by CF gyms.
- 2 days per week of Wendler’s 531 twice a week
- Squat day Monday, Bench Press day Thursday
For Competitive Athletes
- Westside conjugate system (he calls it the powerlifting version of crossfit)
- with 2 max effort days and 1 day dynamic effort day (with two lifts) per week
Once they have “enough” strength, they get to apply it by focusing on power and speed with Olympic lifts.