Listen to another good Iron Radio Podcast episode.
Link to mp3: Episode 134 IronRadio (right click ‘save as’)
Topic: Breaking Plateaus
Be it gaining strength or gaining muscles.
- What is a plateau? Progress comes slower as you advance.
- Engine Size vs Neuromuscular Efficiency
- Measure and track – Become aware.
- Have realistic, incremental and progressive goals.
- Identify & eliminate live stressors, emotional stressors
- Dietary habits – Are you eating too little?
- Too much physical activity outside of the gym?
- Alcohol ?
- Frequency vs duration when in the gym.
- Getting enough sleep.
- Train with people that are bigger than you.
- Abbreviate training sessions.