If you are not the “baking bacon in the oven” kind of guy, here is a quick tip to improve your favorite breakfast food.
- place the bacon in just enough water to cover it in a skillet over high heat
- initial water keeps the initial cooking temp low, so the meat retains its moisture and stays tender
- once the water boils lower the heat to low medium
- when all the water is boiled away, turn heat to medium low and continue to cook until bacon is crisp & brown
What it does:
- while the water is boiling, bacon fat is almost completely rendered
- less likely to burn the bacon while waiting for the fat to cook off