The International Weightlifting Federation released the 2018 rule book.
Download PDF: Technical and Competition Rules and Regulations.
What’s New in 2018: (All changes are listed on the last two pages of the PDF)
- now your hair can touch the bar
- “In the case of tie(s) in different group(s), the athlete(s) who competed earlier in time will be ranked higher regardless the attempt number at which the athletes reached the relevant result.”
- scale precision was dropped from 10 grams to 50 grams
These were the 2017 Changes:
- Abolishment of bodyweight advantage (see 6.8.2), “who lifts more, wins!”. More Here
- 15/20kg rule for entry total weights (6.6.5) changed to 20kg for both genders
- Introduction of 8th bodyweight category for women (90kg, +90kg)
- Minimum Entry Totals application for Senior World championships
- Athlete Pass introduction (similar to Warm-up Pass) (3.3.5)
- 3.2.2 Only IWF authorized professional cameras, recording equipment or drones allowed in the Venue, within the FOP or in additional spaces.
Also updated: IWF Constitution and By Laws