Question is at 41:22 on straight leg deadlift grip.
- he does not use it (he’s not a powerlifter)
- doesn’t like position it puts the supinated shoulder in
- excessive strain on biceps tendon
- tends to get people facing the bar a little crooked
- we are talking straight leg deadlifts, not max deadlift
- purpose is strengthen the back, hamstring and glutes, not to strengthen the grip
- doesn’t see a need for mixed grip
What if you have a weak grip?
- try double overhand grip, with hook grip (tape your thumbs)
- use straps
- using straps does mean your not using your grip, hand still has to work