Need your gym talk fix? Check out the 70’s Big Podcast – Ep. 5 – Q&A.
Also check out the past episodes.
I really enjoyed episode 3 which features an interview American Olympic weightlifting coach Glenn Pendlay
They talk about
- the role of the USAW
- how the USAW is funded
- why USAW doesn’t get more funding
- what they can do to improve
- some ill-conceived impressions about the USAW and how American weightlifters train
- various strong American lifters
- how American and Chinese weightlifter selection compares
- how American weightlifters have to sacrifice for the sport
- Glenn’s experience with international lifters and drug use
- what holds the US back
- general training methods Glenn employs
- what’s the best way to improve weightlifting in the US
Another nice strength sports related podcast you should subscribe to.