Britain’s Strongest Man Laurence Shahlaei (360kg Squat) sat down to answer some questions he gets frequently asked.
In Q&A1 he talks about
- how often should you max
- Training Frequency
- Farmers Walk Grip
- Farmers / Yoke Walk technique tips – keep feet close to your center, short & fast steps, try to put the yoke lower on your back and raise your shoulders up to create a bigger shelf
- train Farmers / Yoke for distance
- he likes to separate gym / event training
His Training Schedule for World’s Strongest Man
- Monday: Back + assistance for back + conditioning
- Tuesday: Press + assist for shoulder triceps
- Wednesday: rest
- Thursday: legs + lots of assistance for legs, maybe strongman event
- Friday: pressing day with strongman implement, more strongman events
Update: Part 2
- How long before a competition should I stop training? When should I start training again after a competition?
- What’s the most effective way of warming up for my working sets?
- Why is cardio and conditioning important in strongman? + exercise ideas