Who is Matt you ask?
- He broke the world powerlifting record in the 220 lb. weight class at the Arnold in 2006 with a 1003 lb. squat, 738 lb. bench, and 810 lb. deadlift for a total of 2551 lbs.
- He ran cross-country in high school and is the epitome of a hard gainer. At 5’9″, I believe he now weighs about 260 lbs with around 12% body fat.
- He’s torn almost every muscle he trains (many multiple times) and has undergone numerous surgeries to fix them.
- He’s a survivor of testicular cancer, which he beat shortly before breaking the world record and didn’t allow treatment to interfere with his training.
- He’s a former US Marine that held the very prestigious post of presidential protection at Camp David under Clinton. To be permitted to be within range of the President with a loaded weapon, he held the highest possible security clearance available.
- By day, he’s a pharmacist at a specialty clinic that dispenses rare and extremely expensive drugs ($25,000 for a 5 ml vial).
So get your questions ready.