Listen to Paleo Solution Episode #124.
Download mp3 (right click + ‘save as’)
Gregshares his approach to using percentages when designing a program.
- percentages are a good starting point
- percentages are not optimal for beginner lifters that no training history, they don’t know how they respond and their abilities change rapidly
- be flexible, start with percentages, then adjust to abilities
- some people push themselves, others don’t
- there is no universal system
- 3 RM should have ZERO chance of a failed rep
[2:28] Exercise Ball Chairs
[4:27] Strength Gains On Paleo vs. Rippetoe’s Gallon Of Milk
[14:38] How To Become a Good Trainer or Coach
[25:24] Weightlifting Percentages
[35:50] Red Meat Harvard Study
[46:39] Recovery After Being Paralyzed