+1 to that.
Also interesting is Greg’s take on shifting to a low volume weightlifting training during winter (starts at 15:50).
- lets you maintain lower carb intake (cyclical carb intake), without slowing down gains
- focus on skill work
- low rep heavy strength work for neurological adaptions
- focus primarily on singles doubles, maybe some triples
- building volume with larger number of sets, rather than larger number of reps
- 15-25 reps per exercise; 8×3 or 10×2
- keep intensity high
Listen here for an earlier rant about CrossFit’s failures and missed opportunities.