Kelly Starrett shares his template for rebuilding athletes after injury.
He uses an example of an athlete, who had his ACL repaired.
- establish good form
- work on tissue
- Basic Linear Progression
- 2+ weeks for at least 2 movements
- for example squat & deadlift 3-5 days a week
- load: 3×5 increase weight every workout 5-10 lb
- once athletes peaks, drop down to 80% and add volume -> 5×5 with linear progression
- jumping running , power cleans
Then challenge these different aspects with metabolic work.