Here is an interview with biomechanist Vladimir Zatsiorsky.
As you hopefully know he is the author of Science and Practice of Strength Training (required reading).
- education in Soviet Union
- soviet system of athletic development
- training kids, general development and specialization in different sports; minimal of 3 years of general physical preparedness training (of course this varies for different sports)
- best organization was in GDR
- block periodization
- relationship between sport scientists and coaches; he was obliged to travel to training camps and give lectures back in the Soviet Union; engange in the dialogue!
- dynamic effort, maximal effort
Don’t be afraid to show that you don’t know something.
(via 8 Weeks Out)