This was the 2014 Junior World Weightlifting Championships (21-28.06.2014). Useful Links:
- Best Backflip Award: Chengfei Yuan (69kg) after his 171kg Squat Jerk [Video] [gif]
- 56kg: 133kg Junior Snatch World Record by Kim Tuan Thach, 160kg C&J Video
- 53kg: 97kg Snatch by Lingqian Wu [gif] (3kg shy of Jr. WR / 6kg of Sr. WR)
- 62kg: 137kg Snatch [gif] + 165kg C&J [gif] [video] by Luis Javier Mosquera Lozano
- 58kg: 99kg Snatch by Sukanya Srisurat from Thailand [gif]
- 69kg: 146kg Snatch + 171 kg C&J by Chengfei Yuan; 173kg C&J by Karem Benhnia [gif]
- 63kg: 108kg Snatch + 128kg Clean & Jerk [HG Slow Mo] by Diana Akhmetova
- 77kg: 158kg Snatch + 190kg C&J [HG Slow Mo] from Ying Su (1kg behind the 2014 Europeans Gold Total)
- 69kg: 107kg Snatch + 127kg C&J [HG Slow Mo]by Ksenia Maximova (at 63.44kg)
- 85kg: 165kg Snatch + 197kg C&J [HG Slow Mo, Snatches] by Artem Okulov
- 75kg: 116kg Snatch + 137kg C&J by Su Jong Kim
- 94kg: 173kg Snatch + 205kg C&J by Alexei Kosov
- +75kg: 115kg Snatch + 130kg C&J by Larisa Kobeleva at 79.26kg
- 105kg: Rychard Kurouski (BLR) 177kg Snatch, Jaroslaw Pawel Samoraj (POL) 208kg Clean & Jerk, [HG Slow Mo]
- +105kg: 175kg Snatch + 220kg Clean & Jerk [HG Slow Mo] by Antoniy Savchuk
Best Backflip Award: Chengfei Yuan (69kg) after his 171kg Squat Jerk [Video] [gif]
Post by All Things Gym.
Wally Broccoli says
Antoniy Savchuk. He’s going to be one to look out for.
For sure! I am really looking forward to him doing well.
Wally Broccoli says
I bet 190/235 in him. Maybe he can crack 430/
I can’t see Turkish men weightlifters. Why? Any information?
That early startlist wasn’t complete.
That said, I’m surprised they even have lifters to send. Didn’t the entire junior team get busted not too long ago? Strangely, there’s only one TUR on the 2013 sanctioned list.
Yeah you’re right, entire Turkish Junior team is banned from competition. They send youth national team to the competition.
350kg total in the 56kg class – gains (though definitely a mistake!)
Alexey Goldbergs says
Hey Greg, here is the official Start Book at http://www.iwf.net/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2014/06/Start_Book_Kazan2014.pdf and Competition Program at http://www.rfwf.ru/upload/file/Competition%20Programme%20Booklet_Kazan2014(1).pdf 😉
What is the difference between category A and B?
And what is the difference between age group junior and youth?
A / B Groups: when there are too many competitors to have a single group (15+ athletes I think) then they are split into A, B sometimes even C, D based on their posted entry totals.
For the age groups see the attached image
But the athletes are splitted randomly?
No, as I wrote above, they are split according to their entry totals. So that the weaker athletes go into Group B
Sorry, Gregor. I missed the last part.
Any medal table?
Nope, feel free to make one.
Artem to break Ilya’s JR total WR?
No, Ilya’s junior world record is 386 kg total, Artem did 362 kg total.
Nobody who wants to photoshop the backflip? Or the reaction afterwards?
Exactly my thoughts…
Aldo Roy says
Does anyone know if Clarence Kennedy is still lifting or has injuries taken another sensational young lifter?
Aldo Roy says
How many of you heard the Russian interview today of the two Russian girls in the 69kg? For a moment I closed my eyes and listened and I thought they interviewing two men!
Matt rundle says
anyone else having buffering problems my internet is normally pretty quick but even in low quality i miss almost every lift because of buffering
(75 kg category)KIM Su Jong (w)PRK05.08.201405.08.2016ICMethyltestosterone