Here are the recordings of the 2014 Russian Cup.
This competition served as a gauge for the 2014 Europeans and there were some big names on the start list.
Update: Added a translation of an interview with Venkov (head coach) below.
(Okulov’s 211kg C&J is at 1:06:00)
Antoniy Savchuk’s 231kg Clean & Jerk (18 years old, 2012 European Youth Champion in +94).
He went 175, 181, 184 + 220, 226, 231 = 415kg
Alexey Lovchev’s 240kg Clean & Jerk
Interview with Alexandr Venkov (Russian Head Coach). Thanks to Juri for translating.
First question was if this was really a selection comp for euros cause the results were not that good in the lighter weight classes: they just don’t have good athletes at the moment other than Oleg Chen.
Venkov says it’s sad that in regions where the average height is smaller WL is not popular so they don’t have good small lifters for the lower weight classes and that’s it.
So they will probably only bring lifters from 69kg (Oleg Chen) and up to international comps.
Razmik Unanyan, the 77kg winner, is very promising he said. He is also happy with the Okulov vs Maligov duel in the 85kg. Both will take Apti’s place in Europeans.
94 is a bit disappointing. 105kg was fun. All 3 medalists will be invited to training camp and have a good chance at coming to Europeans.
- Razmik Unanyan 145, 155, x60 + 175, 190, x195 = 345
- Artem Leonids 177 + 207 = 384kg
- Rinat Kireev 170 + 206 = 376kg
- David Bibl 175 + 200 = 375kg
- Maxim Sheyko 185 + 225 = 410kg
- Andrey Demanov 184 + 223 = 407kg
- Vasiliy Polovnikov 183 + 223 =406kg
- Timur Naniev 180 + 218 = 398kg
- Alexey Lovchev 195, x200, 200 + 226, 232, 240 = 440
- Gennady Muratov 185 ,190, 195 + 225, 230, 237 = 432
- Dmitry Lapikov 195, x200, 201 + 230 (passed 2nd and 3rd attempt)
- (Chingiz did not lift)
Lovchev’s 200kg Snatch is at 32:00. Lapikov’s 201kg is at 33:20
Here is Vasiliy’s 183kg Snatch
Ans his 223kg Clean & Jerk
75kg/+75kg Recordings with Ekaterina Katina.