Those were the 2014 Russian Weightlifting National Championships in Grozny.
What a great competition. I hope you enjoyed ATG’s coverage of the event (I had a blast 🙂 ).
Below are the highlights and video recordings.
Here are the athletes that qualified for the Russian Worlds Team. They will be invited to the final training camps.
- 69 kg: Oleg Chen, Felix Halibekov
- 77 kg: Muhamad Hibalov, Arsen Boraganov
- 85 kg: Apti Aukhadov, Artem Okulov, Aleksey Yufkin
- 94 kg: Alexander Ivanov, Adam Maligov, Rinat Kireev
- 105 kg: David Bedzhanyan, Vasiliy Polovnikov, Maxim Sheiko, Martin Sabanchiev
- +105 kg: Ruslan Albegov, Alex Lovchev, Chingiz Mogushkov, Dmitry Lapikov
- 58 kg: Elena Shadrina
- 63 kg: Tima Turieva, Nadezda Likhacheva
- 69kg: Olga Afanasyeva
- 75 kg: Nadezda Evstyukhina
- +75 kg: Tatiana Kashirina Julia Konovalova
Reserve: 53 kg Elena Sukhar, 63 kg Nadezda Lomova, 75 kg Lyudmila Anina.
- 56kg: Aleksander Krasnov with a 114kg Snatch
- 63kg: Natalya Khlestkina wins the 63kg with 108 + 136, Nadezda Likhacheva 109kg Snatch,
- 69kg: Tima Turieva 115kg Snatch + 148kg Clean & Jerk
- 77kg: Arsen Boraganov 160kg Snatch, Muhammad Hibalov wins with 157 + 190
- 75kg: Nadezda Evstyukhina with 125kg + 155kg
- +75kg: Julia Konovalova 120kg Snatch + 150kg Clean & Jerk
- 85kg: Artem Okulov wins the Snatch with 173kg + 200kg C&J (missed 205kg)
- 94kg: Adam Maligov (92.8kg) 178kg Snatch + 219kg C&J
- 105kg: 241kg Clean & Jerk by David Bedzhanyan, Vasiliy Polovnikov (190 + 226), Maxim Sheyko (187+229), Martin Sabanchiev (191+ 220),
- +105kg: Chingiz Mogushkov Snatches 213kg for a new Russian Record, Alexey Lovchev wins with 212 + 256
Vasiliy Polovnikov’s 190kg Snatch
and 226kg Clean & Jerk, 230kg attempt
Adam Maligov’s lifts in 94kg
Rinat Kireev’s lifts in 94kg
Nadezda Evstyukhina with 125 + 155 in the 75kg
Tima Turieva’s 115 + 148 at 65.65kg
Khlestkina wins the 63kg with 108 + 136
Muhammad Hibalov wins the 77kg with 157 + 190.
Arsen Baragamov with a 160kg Snatch in the 77kg
Nadezda Likhacheva wins the 63kg Snatch with 109kg
Julia Konovalova (@konovalovajul) takes home the +75kg Golds with 120 + 150
Look through the start lists (they are in cyrillic) and share your findings. Men:
- 77kg: Razmik Unanyan, Vladislav Lukanin
- 85kg: Artem Okulov, Aleksey Yufkin
- 94kg: Adam Maligov,Rinat Kireev, Alexandr Ivanov, Ramazan Rasulov
Dmitry Berestovis out, David Bedzhanyan, Timur Naniev, VasiliyPolovnikov, Maxim Sheiko, no Demanov, no Klimonov
Ruslan Albegovalso out, Alexey Lovchev, Dmitry Lapikov, Chingiz Mogushkov, Genaddy Muratov, no Abuev
News: I got a mail saying that about 10 athletes had to drop out due to sickness (food poisoning / fever).