The Olympic Games got postponed!
Nat Arem (hookgrip), Jen (One Kilo) Dr. Boffa (ATG), and myself – Gregor (ATG) talk about what it means for weightlifting and how the spread of the coronavirus has affected us and the rest of the world.
- the Lu Xiaojun / Li Dayin equation. A year in mid 30s is a big difference compared to a year in your 20s
- Another year of recovery for Moradi, if he’s still in it
- What does it mean for worlds? How will the IWF change the qualification process
- Maybe there will be worlds in 2020?
- What about sanctioned countries and that timeframe? What is the impact on drug testing?
- Home Gyms
Nat’s idea for qualification:
- 5 scores to count
- You have to meet a min percentage of your prior roby points sometime next spring
- If you don’t compete or miss the percentage you forfeit your spot