- Train Heavy
- Deadlift, see first point
- Hang Cleans/Snatches – one time a week, for 3-5 sets of 3-5 reps
- Neck work after each workout- neck harness, the 4 way neck machine, higher reps (10-30 reps).Jim used to do 2 sets of neck work every morning and 2 sets before he went to bed.
- Shrugs, all variations, high reps (6-20 reps) – Barbell Shrugs, DB Shrugs, Trap Bar Shrugs, Fat Bar Shrugs, , Power Squat Shrugs, Safety Squat Bar Shrugs, Chest Supported Row Shrugs, Power Shrugs
- Upright Rows – higher reps; 10-15.
- other exercises: face pulls, rear delt raises, seated dumbbell power cleans, chest supported rows, pull-ups/chin-ups and barbell/db rows