Here is a spreadsheet for the original Smolov Squat Routine that works for kg and lbs.
Update: I just added a sheet that calculates the Smolov Jr Program (choose the “Smolov Jr” bottom tab).
Since I am currently torturing my weak legs with this thing I thought that maybe some of you want to join the fun.
Also if you ran Smolov before, I’d love to hear your experiences in the comments.
The spreadsheet was created by Juri (who also shared his first meet experience here) and covers the entire 13 week program, not just the base cycle.
It’s based on the this post here (which is a copy of the original article by Smolov).
- Link to Google Docs
- choose File – ‘Make a Copy’ or ‘Download as’ (xlsx for excel for example)
How To Use
- Enter your 1RM in the green cell in the top left corner. Be conservative here (after starting with my actual max, I reduced it by 5kg in Base week 3)
- Notation is Weight x Reps x Sets
- You can edit the Increase 1 & 2. For kg the original program calls for a 10kg increase on Base Week 2 and a 5kg increase for the week after (Base 3). If you think in pounds then you obviously need to change these values to 20 and 10 respectively
- In Base Week 4 you test your 1RM and then then plug in your new number in the other green cell labeled “New 1RM”
- Caution: since the increases in Base 1&2 are not based on your 1RM, i.e. constants, you might want to adjust those to account for your strength levels. Or else the program will call for ten sets of triples very close to your 1RM 🙂