Below is a four part series by Don McCauley on the Catapult Technique in Olympic Weightlifting.
Update: Don was on the Weightlifting Scoop Podcast where he clarified what the “Catapult” is.
Greg Everett has the following to say about the videos (via)
1. Don is a great coach
2. Triple extension is not a lifting technique
3. Triple extension will occur with correct technique
4. Ankle extension is a reaction to aggressive leg and hip extension, not an intentional action to elevate/accelerate the bar
5. The shrug transitions the athlete from moving up to down, and should not be occurring while the athlete is still pushing against the platform
6. The key to getting under the bar is correct timing and aggression, not the absence of ankle extension
7. With extremely precise timing and very aggressive pulls under the bar, ankle extension will be reduced in magnitude
8. Leg drive against the platform IS critical, all the way to the top
Read the entire thread for more information. Don even commented on Greg’s post and they clarified their points.