Meanwhile in Russia …
Watch his first Interview with Tatiana and her coach here. It has a lot of good information.
Quick Notes thanks to Sergiy Turchyn:
- her best Snatch Balance is 180kg
- They say that Khetag Khugaev did 170+210 almost every day before Europeans. Much more often than others. Just like Tatiana, they both don’t stop lifting heavy before a meet.
- Paris 2011 is her least favorite meet
- Tatiana’s coach thinks that many people who work on small weights get injured more often. (Body is not used to heavy weights, so it is not ready for them)
- People who stop lifting heavy before a meet usually lift 20-30 kg less than in training.
- Both she and her coach loved the atmosphere at the Arnold. Everyone was welcome. They also noticed people didn’t smoke as much outside. Americans have much more desire to train than Russians. Also a lot more competitors than even at Russian nationals. They also liked technique of most competitors. They only need sponsors and money to get higher results.
- Best Back Squat: 280kg x3
- Best Front Squat: 240kg x1
- 3 times a week she does 90% or higher lifts when in good shape
More Notes from “Mindblowed”:
Rashid: Chinese technique is strange. They were leaning the soviet system but now their technique is strange. They put priority to strength.
Coach: Yes. Usually if they Clean then they most probably Jerk it (I guess he talks about women team). They are very strong physically but their TECHNIQUE IS LACKING BEHIND. (It is not the first time I hear him saying that Chinese technique is behind Russian technique)
Rashid: I watched a guy in 69 kg class (Liao Hui) Front Rack Holding 400 kg. Very strong. Tatiana, do you do Front Rack Holds?
Tatiana: Nope, only classic lifts, pulls, squats all the basics pretty much.
Rashid talks/complains about modern Russian lifters lack in Jerks …
Coach: No comments, but I liked Khetag Khugaev during national team training. He was lifting 170/210 till the end. We used to relax before the competition in Paris and performed not so well. Later we changed the approach and lift heavy till the end. Look at Zabolotnaya, she was lifting heavy till the end
Tatiana: Looks like Chinese lift heavy till the end also. In 2010 Meng was working with 130 and she was opening with 135. The most important to keep leg strength.
Coach: People who work with lower weight are getting injured more. Their body is not ready.
Notes from Sergiy:
- Tatiana’s best Muscle Snatch is 130kg (with straps)
- best Snatch Deadlift 190kg, best Clean Deadlift 240kg
- best Push Press 152kg, does not do any presses
- Doesn’t mind giving autographs or pictures, but is not a public person and doesn’t enjoy too much attention.
- She also told that her best muscle snatch is a secret, so I would expect something huge. Her back squat was a secret in the old video a year ago.