Now this is for people who need to make a lot of weight. Of curse the best thing to do for your body / performance is to stay within a reasonable range all year round. I imagine that running to the toilette 5 times a night in the week before your meet will be detrimental to your recovery.
But if you allowed yourself to go over board with your weight, that is the punishment you have to go through.
In this example the meet is one week away on a Saturday.
Saturday: a week before , stop eating carbs (less than 30g a day)
Sunday: a HIIT session
Monday: an extra 3-4 liters of water
Tuesday: add 2 more liters to that
Wednesday: add another 2 liters on top of that
Thursday: maintain the above
- get all your water in by 5pm, have a training session, stop all fluid intake
- at 7pm have a fatty meal, ingest dry, high glycemic carbs (crackers)
- he says carbs act as a diuretic in that situation
Saturday: should you still be above target weight, use more extreme measues, like steam showers, spinning, get that old sweat suit out
After Weigh In:
- carb up,drink milk, which is really good to replenish vitamins and minerals
- also: carbs, carbs, carbs, proteins