Made a Meatza (aka the paleo pizza) today. It looks fancy but was super simple to made.
Basically a pizza with meat instead of dough covered with all your favorite veggies.
Update: Here is another version (not paleo schmeleo)
- ground turkey + beef + cottage cheese + scrambled eggs mix (the cottage cheese makes it extra fluffy)
- a layer of onion leek
- more eggs (scrambled) on top of the leek
- and cheese
- plenty of garlic and other spices
Update: Check out the Epic Meal Time Meatza
It looked so delicious that I gave it a try.
Lots of meat (shrimps, beef, turkey) and veggies (peppers, tomatoes, onions, zucchinis, mushrooms) .
Here is the recipe I used as a starting point.
- 2 lb. ground turkey, bison or beef
- 2 eggs
- ¹⁄3 minced onion
- 1 ¼ tbs. chili powder
- ¾ tbs. Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 24 shrimp
- 1 ¼ bell peppers, sliced
- 1 ½ zucchini skins, sliced
- ½ purple onion, sliced
- 12 mushrooms, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed and minced
- 1 ½ jalapeño, sliced
- 12 tomato slices
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup tomato purée
- Knead together ground meat, eggs, miced onion, chili powder, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Spread meat onto 12″ x 18″ half sheet pan to create a crust.
- Cook for 12 minutes at 350 F.
- Fry shrimp in a pan while crust is baking.
- Mix together bell pepper, zucchini, purple onion, mushrooms and garlic cloves.
- Steam mixed vegetables in the oven or in a pan for about 8-12 minutes. Drain excess juice.
- Drain fat from meat crust.
- Mix together tomato sauce and tomato purée and spread evenly on meat crust.
- Spread steamed vegetables, tomato slices, jalapeño slices and shrimp on meatza.
- Drizzle extra tomato sauce / purée mixture
- over meatza.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 350 F.