Edit: Also check out Graham Holmberg’s and Rich Froning’s Training Day
The CrossFit Journal has 2 videos available for free download today.
Mikko still isn’t following the CF mainsite WOD.
So a typical training session for Mikko looks the following.
- warm-up, row 1k in 1:55 pace (or do intervals; 7x750m with 2 minutes rest)
- strength training
Front Squats, Peanut Butter and Coffee
Sled Pull Running Technique
Workout: Metcon -5 rounds (rest while your partner does his round)
- 50 m Sled Pull
- 10x Front Squat @ 185 lbs
strength work: weighted ring dips @ 20kg sets of 8
5 rounds interval style
- 10x bench [email protected] 200lbs with Heavy Duty Multi Grip Bar MG-1 aka Football Bar
- 15x pull-ups
- more strength, volume dialed back
- increase volume over time
- get more CrossFit “specific”
- I don’t think there is an off-season
- don’t let your numbers get too low
- focused on my weaknesses, doing a bit different kind of strength training
- I believe you should be, like, 85-90 percent of your maximum results all the time.