I haven’t had a true rest day in the last weeks. Usually my rest days are low volume days (every fourth day) where I practice handstands, do some core work and prehab.
After a pretty heavy workout week, today I skipped the handstand work (because I will focus on those this week) and bascially did a really thorough extended warm up / prehab session before breakfast.
My active recovery looked like this:
- joint mobility / rotations
- foam rolling
- leg swings
- extended shoulder warm up
- light stretching of the whole body
- tabata rope skipping to get the blood pumping (fastened cardio anyone ?)
- wrist curls
- extended static passive stretching session
Duration: around 90 minutes
Then breakfast: meat, nuts, veggies, protein shake.
In the afternoon / evening I will do another mobility and static passive stretching session.