Here is what typical training days in the life of 24 year old Rich Froning look like.
Free Download (right click + ‘save as’)
- Download as 720p HD MP4.
- Download as SD Windows Media.
- Download as SD Quicktime. (iPhone/iPod compatible)
Here is his general training template:
- Monday: Squat
- Tuesday: Press
- Wednesday: Deadlift
- Thursday: Press
- Friday: Squat
- clean heavy two times a week
- snatch heavy two times a week
Workouts: Day 1
- day starts at 6:15
- 20 minutes on aerodyne: 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off
- row 4500m
- 15 sets on the minute: 3 muscle ups with 20lb weighted vest
- on the minute bench press and power clean ladder (1 rep bench, 1 rep pc, 2 reps bench, 2 reps pc…) , ladder, 205lb to 9 rounds, finished 10
lunch time: deadlift & sled pushes
- 15x 155lb push presses on odd minutes
- 15x Kettlebell swings @88lb on even minutes, for 20 minutes
9:00 and he already did 8x500m row, with 1 minute rest between rounds
for 15 minutes 3 squat cleans on the minute @185lb
Bench Press, 5 rounds = 75 reps total:
- 1 set 5 reps light
- 1 set 5 reps medium
- 1 set 5 reps heavy
|Ad: WL Shoes from Rogue|
Then a 2 Person workout, one person rests while the other works out
- Handstand Walk, 1minute rest
- Double unders, 1 minute rest
- pull ups (strict, non-kipping), 1 minute rest
- air squat 1 minute rest
Then power cleans for 25(?) minutes.
- 5 on the first minute at 135lb
- 3 on the minute for 4 or 5 minutes at 225lb
- 3 on the minute for 4 or 5 or 6 minutes at 255lb
- 1 rep every 30 seconds at 275 for some minutes
- 3 every 30 seconds at 225lb for 5 minutes
Then 7 rounds:
- 3 muscle ups with med ball in between your feet
- 30 inch box jumps until the other guy is done
- 7 deadlift at 275lb
- 14 push ups
Throw in some rowing intervals.
Then for 15 minutes on the minute
- 3 power snatch at 185lb
- Dan Bailey is doing 6 fron rack lunges at 185lb
90 minutes later, a bit of football, sled sprints
Then some strength work with Front Squat Ladders
- take your weight of 5RM front squat (325lb for rich)
- do 2 rounds of: 1,2,3,4,3,2,1 reps
Then 20 reps weighted sit ups at 100lb.
There you go. Minute drills & circuit training.
Other Training Days in Life Videos:
Update: Here is another Day int the Life video with Rich Froning.