Shane Sweatt and Laura Phelps-Sweatt talk about how the Westside Speed & Dynamic Efforts Days work.
Something you already saw Louie Simmons explaining here.
- 3 week wave, one bar, one movement
- next week cambered,front squat, safety , regular…
- 0.8m/s to 1m/s bar speed
Wave percentages ofer 3 week period:
- week 1 50% 12×2 based on movement specific max
- week 2 55% 12×2
- week 3 60% 10×2
Accommodating Resistance (band & chain use)
On the Dynamic Efforts they use +25% of accommodating resistance via chains & bands. The aim is to develope explosiveness and acceleration throughout the movement.
A sample workout would look somehing like this:
- box jumps first, then DE movement,
- Speed DL, 10×1 , 30s rest