Mark Bell was coaching Travis and Justin from CrossFit Sacramento.
He had them doing dynamic effort squats into chains and DE deadlifts.
Going back and forth for 10-12 sets of 3-2 reps with minimal rest.
- Justin is leaning forward when squatting
- this prevents his hip from getting proper depth and is less efficient
- it’s still acceptable form though
- some more abs and lower back work will balance that
- Travis is more efficient, gets to parallel faster
- squatting into chains is a good tool to check a lifters form and see how low they have to go to break parallel
- box squats not a great indicator to see depth, way you squat on a box
And here is Mark getting busy.