New Patreon Video: Strength Training for Weightlifting.
We’ve got another exciting Deep Dive for you: a video all about strength training! While the focus is on strength training for Olympic Weightlifting we cover a range of topics, including:
- How we define “strength” and why it’s important
- Core training principles backed by science
- Strength training for beginners
- Whether there are differences for training men vs women
- What the research says about training and the menstrual cycle
- Whether strength training makes you slow
- The relationship between strength lifts and the Olympic lifts
To help us better understand this topic we also brought in an expert: Claire Zai, MS, a strength coach and nationally competitive powerlifter with a Master’s degree in Physiology.
Whatever stage of lifting you’re at (and if you’re a coach or athlete) this video has something for you—I’ve been training for over 20 years and I learned a ton of new information that will impact how I train myself and others.
Check it out and let us know what you think! Thank you as always for your support!
-Gregor and Dr Boffa