Bret Contreras analyzed How Bodybuilders Train the Glutes.
Some of his observations of Brandon Curry’s leg workout:
1. During seated and single-leg leg curls he’s really stressing the contracted position to maximize the pump.
2. During weighted 45 degree hypers he really stresses the stretch position to maximize the stretch.
3. During sumo deadlifts he keeps the knees slightly bent and moves mostly at the hips to maximize the tension on the glutes.
4. He uses two benches with the hip thrusts so he can get a stretch in the hammies down low and really squeeze the glutes up top.
5. He performs straight leg deadlifts with the t-bar row and lets the weight drift out in front while keeping the back arched to get a big stretch and load in the hammies.