He covers everything you probably ever want to know about proper grip for low-bar squat.
- all of the weight of the bar is on the body, not the arms.
- lowest point where the bar can stabily be carried
- wrists and elbows not under the bar (elbows up!, thumbs don’t wrap the bar -> no wrist flexion)
- grip width – narrowest, tightest grip grip that lets you keep the elbows up
- dropping elbows usually cause thoracic flexion
If the bar sitting at base of the traps or the top of the posterior deltoids, then the bar is in the right place.