Meanwhile in the UK … at Europe’s Strongest Man 2014.
Eddie Hall pulled the same weight, but dropped it (video at the bottom of this post).
In other news: Hafthor won ESM and only 5 athletes finished the entire competition. Too many injuries!
Also watch Benni’s 460kg (1015lbs) Deadlift without straps here.
Brian Shaw did not compete after tweaking his hip last week.
Lifts as they happened: (via sugden)
- Mikhail Koklyaev pulled 400kg … “tore a muscle in his back during the warm up”, but gave it a go
- Hafthor Bjornson’s 400kg
- Benedikt Magnusson 400kg
- Laurence Shahlaei 400kg
- Hafthor 420kg
- Mark Felix 420kg
- Martin Wildauer 435kg
- Eddie Hall had to pull 435kg twice, because it slipped before lockout the first time. He then held the next one “for about 30 seconds”.
— Muscle & Fitness UK (@MuscleFitnessUK) August 9, 2014
- Laurence Shahlaei 435kg
- Andy Bolton miss 446
- Benni hits 446 hit
- Laurence failed 446 “looks injured apparently”
- Eddie Hall 446kg
- Benni 461kg – new world record
- Eddie Hall also pulls 461kg, but dropped it. He drops out of the rest of the competition due to injury.
Here is Eddie Hall’s 461kg Deadlift (no rep).