Send in your seminar exercise videos and I’ll add them to the post. Thanks to Stas for the Cliff notes.
More from the Seminars here.
Weighted Jumps 5×5
- used for explosion phases in snatch, clean, jerk
- explode with knees, full extension, achieve maximal height
- increase weight on each incremental set
- weight is not important
- Dmitry used up to 100kg to show off, normal weight is 60kg, max 70kg for him
More weighted Jumps here:
Snatching on to Plates
- doesn’t teach you how to jump
- it teaches you to straighten your knees
- dont purposely jump up when transitioning into bottom position
- instead slide the feet to side after final extension and full knee extension
- exercise teaches to fully extend
Feet Sliding Drill for Snatches Using Clips
In the next video he emphasizes that you DO NOT jump.
Snatch Pull to Chest with Pause at the Top (on Toes).
Elbows straight up, not back for this drill.
On Shrugging: “The 2nd biggest mistake” he sees [2:20].
[1:50] “This is for sex, this is for Snatch”
Clean Pull with Pause at Top (on Toes)
Drop Snatch from Toes to minimize the Jump during Snatches
- on your toes
- Bar (light) overhead, on your head
- from there drop into Split Jerk
- Slide your feet, don’t jump
Feet Sliding Drill for the Jerk
On Jerk Dip Depth
- short dip is used when there’s a lot of weight (200kg+), due to bar elasticity
- deeper dip is required to load glutes/quads and generate more power, due to less bar elasticity with lighter weight
Snatch Grip Behind the Neck Presses in the Deep Squat Position
- exercise teaches bottom position
Here he does it with 120 kg
Romanian Deadlifts (RDL) with bar far out
I am also being told that Dmitry also shows Deficit Snatch Grip Deadlifts and Straight legged Snatch Grip Deadlifts for lower back strength.
Zombie Front Squat Drill
Snatch Grip Front Raises in Deep Squat Position (DSP™)
Deadlift and Romanian Dealift with Shrugs
Paused Partial Front Squat + Push Press + Paused Jerk working on Jerk Dip Depth.
Slow Descent Squats with Pause, then Explode up. Followed immediately by a Front Squat.