He suggests the following routine consisting of 2 supersets. One for quads and one for hamstrings.
- squats: 4 sets of 5-8 reps, 5011 tempo (take 5 seconds to lower the weight, no pause, and 1 second to rise to the starting position, then pause 1 second before performing another repetition)
- lunges: 4 sets of 10-12 reps, 20X1 tempo (where X means as explosively as possible)
- Rest 3-4 minutes between supersets.
- leg curls: 4 sets of 5-8 reps, 5011 tempo
- Romanian deadlifts (RDL): 4 sets of 10-12 reps, 3011 tempo
- rest 3-4 minutes between supersets
And for some motivation he included a video of Tom Platz squatting 227.5kg (500lb) for 23 reps. Ouch!