Here is a 20 minute interview with Rebeka Koha!
Background: It was recorded at the end of her evening session, after a long day of travel to Germany for a Bundesliga competition (which was only one week after she became European champion at age 19 … !).
We talked about Europeans 2018, not missing in training and not taking days off training. I think / hope you will find the topics we covered interesting 🙂
This video, the travel to Bundesliga, etc. was made possible by your support on patreon! ATG patrons had early access to it.
You Will Learn About:
- Rebeka’s reparation for Europeans (started 8 weeks out)
- Her best Lifts in Training (100kg Snatch, 101kg from blocks , 118kg C&J, 130kg Jerk, 121kg clean)
- Her approach to squatting: mostly doubles, no 1RM update, but training at higher percentages now
- during winter she has 3 training sessions a day
- 8 am, usually lighter warm up, sometimes squats, muscle snatches
- 10 am mostly about snatch
- 4 pm more about clean and jerk and squats
- Monday – Saturday 3 trainings! Sunday only 1
- No Full Rest Days!
- in Summer they add one more training at 8 pm, resistance sprints, stair jumps, calisthenics (pull ups / push ups), 30 min
- not (or very very rarely) missing in training. She did not miss a single snatch or clean & jerk in her Euros preparation!
- competing against others vs. just herself
- coach never tells her the numbers she will lift
Hope you enjoy some more in depth content like this.
Let me know what you think in the comments below.