End of February I visited Mohamed Ehab and the Egyptian weightlifting team in their training camp in Cairo.
The Olympic training center just opened and and offers the athletes a training environment that is probably unparalleled in Egypt.
I am going to release the videos in chronological order, starting with the Monday morning session.
- Monday Afternoon focused Power Clean off Blocks and Squats
- On Tuesday Mohamed rested, got massage and I interviewed him in the evening.
- Wednesday Morning was a light bodybuilding session.
- Wednesday afternoon was their heavy session. Look forward to that 🙂
- Thursday Morning they did Agility Drills & Plyometrics
- Thursday Afternoon was a regular weightlifting with some interesting post workout exercises.
Monday Morning Training
Monday Afternoon Training
Wednesday Afternoon Block Snatch Max Out
Wednesday Afternoon Heavy Clean & Jerk and Back Squats
Wednesday Afternoon Stretching Routine
Thursday Morning Agility Drills & Plyometrics
Thursday Afternoon Power Snatches, Clean Pulls and Jerk Drives + Some Extras
Needless to say I also filmed a bunch of extra stuff, warm ups, cool downs, accessory exercises and stretches. All of which will be posted later on.
View the first episode as a warm up, not only for Mohamed, but also for the series.
8:30 Breakfast. Here the whole team meets. So even if people aren’t hungry they still show up.
After this it’s back to bed / relaxing.
11:00 First training.
13:45 / 14:00 Lunch. The hotel offered a great selection of foods. Various meats, veggies, desserts.
One of Mohamed’s favorites is basbousa. He likes to supercharge each hard training with that magic food. After lunch it is back to bed / relaxing.
18:00 2nd training.