Here are some highlights of the 2018 Qatar Cup.
Thanks to the support from ATG patrons I was able to book a last minute trip to Qatar and cover the event.
Some of the highlights:
- Meso Hassona 225kg junior clean and jerk world record in his last competition as a junior.
- Zhang Rong snatching 92kg!
- Huang Ting (2017 junior world champ) going 105 + 127 (junior world records)
- Adkhamjon Ergashev (67kg) snatching 142kg for a new junior world record!
- Ritvars Suharevs setting a new clean & jerk pr with 194kg!
Meso Hassona (96kg) 225kg Clean & Jerk
View this post on Instagram
225kg!💥 20 year old @mesohassona (96kg, Qatar 🇶🇦) clean and jerks 225kg / 496 lbs for a new Junior World Record in his last competition as junior! What’s more, he did it in front of a home crowd in Doha, Qatar! What a way to end a junior career (he is also a 2x junior world champion). #cleanandjerk #slowmo #slowmotion #225kg #qatar🇶🇦 #olympiclifting #worldrecord