Lu Xiaojun has done it again!
176kg Snatch World Record at the 2013 World Championships 77kg.
Together with his 204kg Clean & Jerk (2nd attempt) this makes 380kg for a new World Record in the Total.
Watch the Snatch in glorious 120 FPS slow motion (or in full speed here).
So Oleg Perepetchenov’s 210kg still stands.
- 77kg Results here
- HookGrip’s Photo of it
- Lu Xiaojun at the press conference afterwards
- Recording of the whole 77kg Session: Snatch, Clean & Jerk
- Recordings of other sessions are on the 2013 Worlds Page
Update 21.11.2013: In this video Lu talks about his experience at worlds. Thanks to Steve for the Translation.
- had planned to Snatch 170kg, C&J 211kg
- mind was very clear during snatch warm-up, so he snatched 176kg
- decided then he could only C&J 204kg, otherwise “it’d be too hard to break a record next time…do this slowly”
- getting married on Dec 1st…”all friends and family welcomed!” (I assume that includes ATG readers)
The 204kg Clean & Jerk
- Lu Xiaojun’s 175kg World Record
- His 260kg Paused Back Squat
- The Secret Behind his Success – Lu Raises
- 160kg Snatch High Pulls
- and of course his Heavy Dips
Update: All Lu lifts.